This year we are focusing on connecting within our community. What does this look like? Getting closer as studio teams; getting to know our students and understanding their personal fitness goals; and expanding our community by bringing in new faces.
Sharing is a continuing theme both in our locations and outreach–whether it’s sharing our ideals and principles with students, sharing our yoga and Hot Pilates knowledge, sharing our time and space with those who practice beside us, or just sharing our love of Sunstone. We hope that you will get in on spreading the love! Here are some EASY ways to share your fitness passion with your friends and family:
- If you are already a Signature member, take advantage of your perks by asking friends, family members, or co-workers to join you for free at the
studio. If you are not a Signature member, don’t worry; you can still get guests to the studio. Try sending them to Intro where they will receive a free week, or earning free guest passes by completing the 60-day yoga challenge.
- Buddy up. Building connections within the Sunstone community can be as easy as coordinating class times with a fellow practitioner, perhaps through Twitter or Facebook. Try paying attention to the students who attend your preferred class hours and see if another “regular” is interested in a partner.
- Talk about what your practice has done for you! If you are noticing changes in your body, your sleep or eating habits, or your mind, don’t keep it to yourself. Many people simply don’t know the profound effect that a regular practice can have on them, or they would have tried it a long time ago.
- Sign up for a workshop at Sunstone Yoga Academy, and ask about our Buy One Get One postcards. New workshops are offered all the time, some focusing on a particular class series, others related to concepts like nutrition or mental stillness. You take your practice to the next level with an affordable and convenient immersion into the world of fitness!
- Talk to your teacher after class. They’re people, too, and we love getting to know students! Whether it’s your health, the trip you took recently, or a posture you want a little extra help with, we are all ears. And of course, your teachers are a great resource for advice on taking your practice to the next level.
- Don’t be afraid to branch out within the community. If you always visit the same studio, try a new one. Enjoy meeting new teachers and students! If there is a particular class type you avoid, or if you have never attended a Special class, take the leap!
See you in the studio!